Plastic surgery is a highly competitive industry, and that means if you want to attract more potential patients to your plastic surgery website, you can’t afford to ignore SEO.
Plastic surgeon SEO, or search engine optimization, is the practice of optimizing your web pages to grab the attention of search engine crawlers. When you tailor your website content to what these search engine bots are looking for, your plastic surgery practice website will rank more highly in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Plastic surgery SEO involves keyword research and website optimization, but you don’t necessarily need to hire an SEO specialist to boost your ranking in Google search results. By handling your own plastic surgery SEO, you can save money, draw in new patients, and send your SEO rankings soaring.
Below, learn seven SEO strategies to help your plastic surgery website rank more highly in the search results.
SEO is just one component of an effective marketing strategy for plastic surgery practices, but it’s certainly an important one. Without strong SEO that attracts organic traffic, your plastic surgeon’s website could languish on the third or fourth page of search engine results, where prospective patients would never find it.
If your plastic surgery practice hasn’t developed a plan for SEO and online visibility yet, it’s time to get started! By focusing on SEO for plastic surgery online, your site will rank more highly in the search engine results and attract more website visitors.
The Pillars of Effective SEO for Plastic Surgeons
It may surprise cosmetic surgeons to know that plastic surgery SEO doesn’t merely involve conducting keyword research, slapping those keywords haphazardly on the page, and then calling it a day. Rather, it’s an umbrella that covers several types of SEO, and you’ll need to master all of them to rank well in the organic search results.
On-page SEO covers anything you can do on your website to improve its ranking in the search results. This includes:
- Site content: Plastic surgery clinics rely on informative, authoritative, engaging content that speaks to their target demographic. That includes information about cosmetic procedures (such as breast augmentation and rhinoplasty), details about your plastic surgeons, and a helpful blog post or two that potential clients will find interesting.
- Keywords: By using good short- and long-tail keywords that meet the user’s search intent, your practice can attract users who are searching online for the type of services that your clinic offers. The Google Keyword Planner and Google Search Console can help you find keywords to target.
- Meta descriptions: These brief descriptions of your website pages show up on the SERPS below your pages’ titles. Make sure your meta descriptions are engaging and include a call to action (CTA).
Off-page plastic surgery SEO includes things you can do off your website to boost its ranking. This includes:
- Plastic surgery link building: This is the practice of building high-quality backlinks from other reputable websites to your own. Doing so helps search engines and prospective patients see your website as an authority.
- Content marketing: This could include writing guest posts for other websites or making and sharing videos on YouTube that all link back to your website.
- Influencer marketing: The key here is expertise and authority; by having authoritative authors on your website that also have a strong online presence elsewhere, search engines like Google will see your site as more of an authority on a given topic. Many successful cosmetic surgery practices partner with influencers to advertise their services, but some doctors become key opinion leaders and influencers themselves by creating more online content.
On-page plastic surgery SEO makes a website more appealing to users, whereas technical SEO means optimizing your site for search engines. It includes:
- Improving your site speed and usability on mobile devices
- Practicing good internal linking for all pages on your site
- Using structured data markup to describe the content of your page to Google’s crawlers
- Fixing missing meta descriptions
Plastic surgeons use local SEO to reach prospective customers in their area. This can involve claiming your Google Business Profile, including keywords that target specific cities, and making sure your practice appears on Google Maps.
You can also post online reviews from satisfied patients on your website. If you can get customers to write reviews on Google, Yelp, or RealSelf, even better.
7 Strategies for an Effective Plastic Surgeon SEO Strategy
Ask any SEO company, and they’ll tell you these are the seven most important components of plastic surgery SEO.
Persona Building and Target Audience Segmentation
What type of patients would your business like to target? If you don’t understand your audience, you’ll run into trouble with your SEO plan.
To find your target market, ask:
- What pain points do these patients have, and how can you help resolve them?
- Where do they live?
- How old are they?
- What are their likes and dislikes?
- Where do they work, and how much money do they earn?
Researching keywords that appeal to plastic surgery patients is a must for good SEO. Try to target keywords that have a high monthly search volume and low competition from other websites.
You can use those keywords on your location landing pages and Google Business Profile.
Content marketing is a great way to elevate your off-page SEO efforts. For instance, you could write a guest blog post on a partner’s website, along with a link back to your website where users can schedule a plastic surgery consultation.
This is the process of building links both on and off your website. To do it right, make sure all links on your site work as intended and fix any that don’t. To build backlinks on other sites, reach out to owners of authoritative websites.
Never buy links from a link farm, as they come from low-quality sources that could harm your position in the search engines.
Metadata includes three components: title tags, keywords, and descriptions. Meta titles should reflect the subject of each page and include details that draw visitors to your site.
Meta keywords, unlike regular keywords, aren’t visible to users. Search engines look at them to know what the topic of your page is.
Meta descriptions are essential because they show up on the SERPs. Keep them short (between 140 and 160 characters) and include just enough information to describe the content of your page.
Optimization for Local Listings
What happens when a user searches for “cosmetic surgery near me”? Does your website show up at the top of the page, or is it buried by your competitors?
If you’ve been ignoring local listings, chances are people in your area won’t find your practice’s website.
For your plastic surgery services practice to show up in these listings, you need to understand where Google gets information about local businesses. It takes information from:
- Crawled web content available on your website
- Details on your Google My Business profile
- Factual details from user reviews
You can’t control what users say about your practice, but you do have control over the content of your website. Use keywords that reflect your practice’s location, such as “San Diego plastic surgery” or “cosmetic surgeon in Dallas.”
Paid Search Ads
Investing in pay-per-click ads at the top of search results can be a fantastic way to drive traffic to your site. To use this strategy, you’ll need to bid on certain keywords.
If your bid wins, Google shows your ad at the top of the SERP. Even better, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad and goes to your site.
How much you pay depends on the keywords you choose. If you pick competitive keywords, you’ll have to bid more to win.
Make Weave a Part of Your Plastic Surgery Practice’s Website SEO Strategy
Now that you’re driving prospective patients to your website, think about how to get them into your office. Listing your phone number is a good start, but offering easy, online scheduling can remove barriers to getting patients in the door.
For even more growth, try Weave, which comes packed with features that you and your patients will love. To see what Weave can do for you, schedule a demo or call (833) 572-2139.
Nearly 70% of customers prefer to book an appointment online
Online Scheduling gives your customers a way to schedule appointments from your website, allowing you to capture more business each day. It reduces scheduling phone calls and gives you the flexibility to respond when it is convenient for you.Schedule Demo