When prospective patients arrive at your plastic surgery practice website, what do they find? Is your site clean, modern, and easy to navigate? Or is it outdated and unattractive?
If your cosmetic surgery website isn’t up to par, chances are good that customers will head to a competitor website that’s more user-friendly.
This is why plastic surgeons can’t afford to ignore professional plastic surgery website design. By focusing on modern design, marketing, educational content, and search engine optimization, your website will draw in more potential patients for your plastic surgery practice.
The Core Components of a Well-Designed Plastic Surgery Website
Which components should plastic surgeons focus on when building their plastic surgery websites? Here’s how to make a quality plastic surgery website that will position you as a leader in the industry.
Visual Appeal and Professional Feel
Plastic surgery procedures help customers look and feel their best, and your plastic surgery website should have an aesthetic that reflects that. Your website should have clean, simple colors and an appealing design that’s easy on the eyes.
The goal is to communicate to your site visitors through the web design that your clinic is a professional and trustworthy plastic surgery practice.
Easy Patient Experience
Plastic surgery sites should be easy to navigate and up-to-date, allowing new patients to find must-know details about your practice.
Check out these marketing tips before you develop your practice website:
- Put your plastic surgery practice phone number at the top of every page. Don’t make clients hunt for your number if they want to call about a procedure.
- Put links to the most important information where clients can easily find them. For instance, you could have links to a list of your services, educational content, and a patient testimonials page that reflects your success at plastic surgery.
- Place clear call-to-action messages on every page so patients know what to do next.
Services and Expertise
Most would-be patients come to plastic surgery websites looking for information about specific services.
Do your plastic surgeons offer facelifts, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, or reconstructive surgery? Clearly describe each cosmetic surgery service to help clients do their research.
It’s also smart to post educational content to help clients associate your brand with quality and expertise.
When many plastic surgeons create their websites, they don’t give much thought to the technical side of web design. The result is a slow, unwieldy website, which reflects poorly on a plastic surgery practice.
You should also create your website with responsive design in mind. Responsive design is a practice that ensures websites load properly on any screen size, including smartphones.
Best Practices for Plastic Surgery Website Design
How can plastic surgeons create a website that will bring their brand success in the industry? Follow these best practices for a final product that reflects your cosmetic surgery office’s expertise and commitment to your patients — and drives conversions.
Understand Audience and Content That Will Resonate
How can your plastic surgery practice craft educational content that resonates with clients? Email marketing and social media marketing companies will tell you that before creating any online content for your blog, understanding your target audience is a must.
Before you begin content marketing for your brand, take a look at your traffic to see what type of users visit your website most often and who you want to attract to your site.
Where do they live? Are they young or old? What are their pain points, and what benefits do they hope to achieve through cosmetic surgery? If you’re unsure, you can use SEO tools (both free and paid) to help you.
When you have the answers, you can write customized educational content for your blog that will make your practice stand above others in the industry.
Build Trust Through Transparency
Many users perceive cosmetic surgery as expensive and a bit risky, so naturally, they need to know whether they can trust your plastic surgeons before committing.
One of the best ways to build that credibility is by providing customer reviews with before-and-after pictures on your website (with their permission, of course).
Social media marketing and other marketing companies commonly use this “social proof” to build trust for plastic surgeons.
Design With SEO in Mind
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the practice of crafting customized content so that websites show up highly in the search results. A few optimization tips for good SEO and marketing include:
- Claim your Google My Business online profile and make sure it accurately reflects your practice’s name, phone number, and address. Link your practice website to your profile too.
- Incorporate keywords with a high monthly search volume and low competition from other websites. Strategically place those keywords throughout your website.
- Use bullet points to make educational content on your website easier to scan.
Craft Effective CTAs
The key to any successful marketing project is a good call to action (CTA). With your website design project, it doesn’t matter what the final product looks like if users don’t know what to do next.
To avoid confusion, place clear CTA messages on every page of your plastic surgery practice website. Some examples of good CTAs for marketing plastic surgeons include:
- “Call now to make your cosmetic surgery appointment.”
- “For more educational content, sign up for our plastic surgery newsletter.”
- “Download our free guide to cosmetic surgery.”
Understand Analytics and Key Site Performance Metrics
It would be nice if you could build your practice website and leave it, but that unfortunately isn’t the case. Successful marketing efforts require keeping a close eye on the key performance metrics of your website.
A few important website metrics for your practice include:
- How many unique users visit your website
- How long users stay on a specific page of your website
- How many people call your practice or book an appointment online
- Which pages of your website get the most traffic
- Where your users come from (for example, search engines or other websites)
If you need help tracking these metrics, marketing software that will help. Google Analytics is a free tool that provides in-depth details about your website.
Enable Easy Online Scheduling
Every plastic surgery practice website should have an online booking feature.
Not having such a feature on your website reflects poorly on your practice and makes it seem out of touch, and you could even lose patients to competitors.
It can be tough to implement online appointment scheduling for your website, but software such as Weave makes it easy. With Weave Online Scheduling, patients can book appointments on your website when it’s convenient for them.
Weave cuts down on scheduling phone calls, which gives your practice more time to focus on patients.
Examples of Well-Designed Plastic Surgery Websites
Need inspiration to help you build your website? Check out these gorgeous plastic surgery clinic websites and learn what makes them so effective at marketing.
- VIP Plastic Surgery: As soon as users arrive at this website, they see beautiful imagery, including compelling before-and-after photos. This website also features an eye-catching black and green color scheme.
- Cinega Med Spa: Cinega Med Spa is a popular plastic surgery clinic, and its website has a clear “See Your Options” CTA message placed above the fold that quickly takes users to its services page, where they can book an appointment. Below the fold, users can see pictures of the office staff, which helps build trust.
- Rowe Aesthetics: This website is effective because it doesn’t have any unnecessary clutter. It uses a white and gray color scheme with well-placed photos for a few pops of color. The website’s header includes all necessary pages, such as “Services,” “Our Offices,” and “Testimonials.”
- Visage Surgical Institute: This website features a black and gold color scheme that exudes luxury. At the top of the page, users can find links for reviews, specials, video consultations, and appointment requests. On the home page, users can scroll down to see a list of all services the practice provides.
- Shafer Clinic Fifth Avenue: This website has a beautiful image of two smiling people, along with the message “The Art of Surgical Innovation.” Below that, users can see the clinic’s endorsements from organizations such as the Mayo Clinic and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Unlike other websites that clutter up the header, the top of this website has only two links: the clinic’s phone number and “Request a Consultation.” The website condenses all other links under a small hamburger menu to keep things clean.
Learn How Weave Helps Your Plastic Surgery Practice Grow
Building and marketing an effective plastic surgery practice website is critical for drawing in new clients. In this competitive industry, you simply can’t stand out unless your practice website truly shines.
Weave has everything you need to help your business grow, including online appointment scheduling, review management, payment options, and other must-have marketing features.
To learn more about how Weave can help you with marketing and plastic surgery website design, book a free demo or call (833) 572-2139.
Nearly 70% of customers prefer to book an appointment online
Online Scheduling gives your customers a way to schedule appointments from your website, allowing you to capture more business each day. It reduces scheduling phone calls and gives you the flexibility to respond when it is convenient for you.Schedule Demo