If you haven’t added videos to your dental practice’s digital marketing plan, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. Cisco famously predicted videos would account for 82% of internet traffic by 2022, a number that has risen rapidly in recent years. By making video marketing content for your dental practice, you’re able to reach massive audiences.
We’ve created a guide to help you get started with video marketing for dentists, explaining the benefits, types of dental video content, and video marketing best practices. With smartphones and social media, you don’t need a professional video production team to create videos that bring in more dental patients and improve your practice’s reputation.
How Video Marketing Can Benefit Your Dental Practice
Traditional dental practices rely on word-of-mouth, local advertising, and brochures, but videos help you reach a much wider target audience online to promote your dental clinic, share information about dental care, and improve your website traffic.
In this section, we’ll highlight the benefits of adding videos to your dental marketing strategy.
Raise Brand Awareness
High brand awareness puts you at the front of people’s minds when they need a dentist, and dental marketing videos help build recognition. Video is consumers’ favorite format because it’s more engaging and easier to digest than blocks of text.
Once you have their attention, you can make an impression on prospective patients with your dental office’s unique personality, helping you stand out among the competition.
Build Trust & Credibility
Videos that show off your beautiful dental office and introduce the dentists and employees can help potential clients warm up to your practice more than others they’ve found in their search. When you share videos of your high-quality services and expert dental staff, it builds trust with your patients. You can also gain more credibility by sharing dental industry tips and information.
Grow Your Patient List
With a solid online marketing strategy, you can create dental advertising videos that reach a huge pool of potential customers. If your content creates value for the viewers, whether it’s dental service information or discount promotions, they’re more likely to share the videos online.
Displaying your company’s culture also helps familiarize people with your office and staff, taking away some of the nervousness of scheduling that first appointment. Google Analytics and other tools help measure engagement on a recent post so you can pinpoint content that attracts the most patients.
Improve Search Engine Rankings
Video titles, descriptions, and metadata can contain targeted keywords that improve the video’s ranking in search results on Google and other search engines. Dental practices that use videos on their website and in content marketing are more likely to rank in the top spot on Google. This boost drives significantly more traffic to your website, increasing the number of patients coming through your doors.
Types of Dental Marketing Videos
Making videos with different types of content will give you the best results, especially if you tailor your videos to the platform you post them on.
The following are several types of dental video marketing content you can create to grow your business:
Patient education videos can include the following topics:
- Hygiene and dental care tips
- Procedure walkthroughs
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
These videos aim to inform patients about oral health and dental procedures, which can give you a reputation as a trusted source for educational content. Procedure walkthroughs help patients know what to expect from their treatment, giving them more confidence leading up to their appointment.
The personality of the presenter is also an important aspect of educational videos. A monotonous tone will bore the viewer, while a more upbeat attitude will make them want to pay attention. Check out this example of a fun, informative dental marketing video.
Testimonials are the word-of-mouth referrals of the Digital Age, an effective tool for building your dental practice’s credibility. In one study, 77% of people said that watching a company’s video testimonial influenced their decision to buy their product or service.
Testimonials reveal positives about your practice, dentist, and staff from the customer’s perspective, making them a more trustworthy source for consumers. Tips for making a testimonial video include the following:
- Provide direction, but not a script
- Keep it below 90 seconds
- Request testimonials right after the provided service, when the patient is at peak excitement
- Ask questions that require answers beyond “yes” and “no”
Before & After
Before and after videos are a fun and quick way to show off your practice’s expertise, whether teeth whitening or dental implants. Show dramatic transformations of your patient’s teeth to give people a preview of what they could have if they choose your dental practice. Videos are generally more trustworthy than the questionable before and after images you often see in ads.
Watch this example of a before and after video on Instagram.
If you have an exciting announcement for your practice, such as opening a new location or adding a service, you can make a video to highlight it on social media. People who scroll past walls of text are more likely to pause to watch a video, but you’ll need to give them a reason to keep watching.
Promotional content can include special discounts, giveaways, or other limited-time offers that prompt people to share your video with their friends.
Interviews with your dentist and other staff members allow potential patients to get to know your office’s personality and professional credentials. You should ask the interviewee questions like the following:
- What is your educational background?
- Why did you become a dentist/hygienist/etc.?
- What’s your favorite part of your job?
- What would you like to say to a patient before their dental appointment?
- What tips can you give patients to keep their teeth healthy?
Having a friendly face and voice to associate with your dental practice helps people feel more comfortable choosing you over competitors.
Nothing will bring your dental office’s personality out more than videos you make just for fun. You can mix these videos in with your regular content or make them for certain platforms like TikTok or Instagram Reels. Entertaining videos, where employees try viral challenges or act out a funny skit, make your practice and staff seem more approachable.
Check out this example of a funny dental video that went viral on TikTok.
Getting Started With Dental Video Marketing
You’ll get the best results with your dental video marketing content if you follow the best practices we highlight in this section.
Making Good Content
Good content isn’t easy to produce, but you can follow our tips to ensure that your videos are hitting the mark. You can also watch the successful videos of competitors or other dental practices online for inspiration, but always make your marketing idea unique to your business.
When creating dental video content, incorporate the following characteristics for more engaging and successful content:
- Provide value. Your videos should create value for potential patients, such as educational tips, savings, or entertainment. Keep your videos short to avoid drowning important info in too much content.
- Showcase your dental practice’s personality. Convey your goals, values, and mission as a dental practice. If you’re a family-focused clinic, make more family-friendly content.
- Demonstrate expertise. Fun videos might get likes, but your credibility and expertise get patients. Create a guided tour of your high-quality facility and equipment or highlight the dentist’s specialization or achievements through interviews and before and after videos.
- Include a call to action. A call to action is essential for converting leads. Invite viewers to contact your office, view services on your website, or watch your other videos.
Format and Channels
Share your videos where potential patients spend their time: social media channels. You can also target a search engine like Google to increase video and website traffic.
It’s vital to know which platforms suit certain types of formats or content styles. The following are the most popular channels for dental social media marketing:
- TikTok: best for short, upbeat videos in a vertical format
- Instagram: great for short, vertical videos with fun content
- YouTube: supports longer, horizontal videos, which are best for educational and informative content. A YouTube video has priority in Google search results and supports dental SEO best practices
- Facebook: best for videos as Facebook ads or for using Facebook Live to interact with viewers
- Google My Business: provides a Google ad that appears in search results for local dentists and helps with local SEO
- Your website: the place where all your videos should lead back to
Manage Your Dental Practice Reviews With Weave
Hopefully, our tips for video marketing for dentists will help your practice grow. When the 5-star reviews start flooding in, Weave, our innovative dental communication app, enables you to view and manage your reviews all on one platform. You can also send automatic review requests after appointments and review the analytics behind your reviews across channels.
Ready to make billing, scheduling, calling, and texting more convenient than ever for your business? Get the Weave demo today or call us at 866-308-2039.