The Modern Optometry Office: Communication for the Future
Weave commissioned a survey of 750 small businesses and their customers to understand how modern optometry businesses are engaging with their customers.
The results showed that small businesses:
- are using outdated systems and tools like paper forms and traditional voicemail.
- are increasingly overwhelmed with tedious tasks that automation and technology could help streamline.
- could be saving more time and money.
- Only 15% of patients consistently leave online reviews for their providers, but 52% of them say they would if they got a reminder
- 56% of optometry patients aren’t loyal to their optometrist
- 42% of patients have noticed an error in their patient file because the practice misunderstood the handwriting from their paper in-take form
“When I bought this practice, we had to have AT&T for out-of-state, long-distance calls, and then we had to have Century Link for in-state, long-distance calls. Plus, I had to pay for a normal landline. It was really confusing and a lot of hassle because we basically had three different phone bills going on every month. It was nuts.”