People Not Employees
***THIS ROLE WILL BE IN OUR INDIA OFFICE WHICH IS IN NOIDA/INDIA AND WE ALSO ALLOW THE ABILITY TO WORK REMOTE FROM ANYWHERE IN INDIA***
Weave supports small business owners by providing an all-in-one platform to help them communicate with, and grow their customer base. With Weave’s complete business toolbox, small businesses can streamline all their communication, payments and marketing - all from one place - and continually provide a phenomenal customer experience.
At the core of Weave’s growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for talented people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. In 2019, Weave received several significant awards, including the Fortune 100 Best Companies, Forbes Cloud 100, and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies.
Don’t believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 13,000+ customers love Weave - Our Story OR head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
LET US TELL YOU ABOUT THE JOB
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply and grow your engineering skills to help bring local companies closer to the people they serve.
Our teams are cross-functional agile teams composed of a product manager, back-end, and front-end engineers. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- 2+ years of experience with back-end languages, e.g. Go, Java, Ruby, Python, C#, etc. (Go is a major plus)
- Willing to learn a new and exciting language - Go
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation with the rest of your team
- Experience building ReSTful web services
- Experience working with distributed systems, and inter-service communication protocols and APIs, e.g ReST, protobufs/gRPC, NSQ, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
What engineers do at Weave
- Build features and maintain back-end services using Go (GoLang) microservices (current)
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to coordinate work efforts
- Be responsible for long term code quality of what you write and maintain
- Write reliable web services deployed using containers on Kubernetes
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Enjoy collaborating in a high-trust environment
- Truly have great days, almost every day!
Additional Skills (great if you have these, you'll learn them if you don't)
- Deploying into a public cloud service (especially GCP)
- Experience with containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with protobufs/gRPC
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and building scalable/redundant service
- Experience with breaking up monolithic applications into microservices
- Experience with service monitoring, metrics, alerting, log aggregation, and tracing
- Experience with functional/acceptance testing